Just trying to get started on a little writing, and share some of my "best bits" with you. Feel free to comment on anything you see on here.
Wednesday, 30 April 2014
The Launch Party, September 2013
Now it was time to let the world know about my new business. Best way to do this as advised by my Forever mentors is to invite a few close friends, and family, around to your home and introduce them to the business and the products over tea and bikkies around the kitchen table.
All sounded very nice I must say, however, I wanted to kick start Aloe Darling with a bit more of a bang than tea and biscuits. (plus I know my family and friends; any excuse for a night out on the town, and they are on it!). So I called up my good friend Helena at Johnny's Bar Charlestown and asked if I could hold my launch party there. She said yes no problem, helpful and encouraging as always, she said she'd spread the word amongst her friends and customers as well.
I invited everyone I knew by phone and text, and set up an event page on Facebook. I was starting to get very excited, and very nervous. What if nobody except my family came? (and I wasn't even sure about some of them).
I'd had a chance to try a few of the products in the box, and I was already falling in love with the Aloe hand and face wash, the moisturiser and the Aloe Gelly.
I had a few rsvps, but by the evening of the launch I really had no idea of how many people would show. However, I put best foot forward, bought a new dress, got all dickied up and headed to Johnny's at 7pm with Janice, her lovely daughter Hannah, and 2 cars full of Forever Living products, brochures, and delicious finger food kindly supplied by Falleighter foods (Janice's other business).
We got set up, Helena gave me a glass of wine to steady the nerves. Start time was 7:30, at 7:30 there were still only 8 of us in the bar (including 2 staff and us 3 Forever Living distributors!!) Another gulp of wine was rapidly required.
Then the door opened, 2 friends entered, then 3 more, and on it went until we had approx 25 guests, including Seamus and our children James and Erin, as well as friends and acquantances from all around the area, curious to see what I was up to, but also fantastically supportive of a woman trying something new to better herself and her family.
I did a short introduction of my experience to date with FLP, then Janice took over to introduce the company, and the benefits of Aloe Vera for our health and well being. Also we had a brief introduction to some specific products and their benefits. Presentation over, we mingled and socialised, it was great to see so many friends there to support me; I was overwhelmed by the support and interest. Everybody ordered some products, and to my amazement I had sold my whole starter pack, plus many more orders so I was already in profit in my brand new business!! At my first launch night I had already made back my investment.
Not only was I astounded by what a success the evening was, I was very humbled by the feedback from other women; congratulating me for stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something new, promising their support and wishing me luck. I don't think I fully appreciated until that night what a wonderful network of friends and family I have, I cannot thank them enough, and they continue to support me and Aloe Darling to this day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment