Thursday, 24 April 2014

My introduction to Forever Living...


So I went to meet Janice for a coffee and a chat. She told me the story of Forever Living Products, an American based multi level marketing company, $2.8 billion worldwide turnover, operating for 35 years, in 150+ countries worldwide, member of the DSAI (Direct Selling Association of Ireland), operating in Ireland for 22 years with a 10 million + annual turnover, constant growth worldwide despite 2 world recessions,vertically integrated, ethically sound, green, cruelty free products...the good stuff goes on and on and on!!

Now I must say that when I listen to the "signing up" stories from my Forever colleagues, I hear things like: "I used the products for a while first", "I did my due diligence; researched the company online, spoke to people already working for Forever" etc. And they are perfectly correct in doing so. But Bernie (me) needed money and she needed it now, so I told Janice there and then that I wanted to join. Janice was and still is a lovely, kind, helpful person, so when I said that it would be a few weeks before I could afford to buy the Start Up box of products, she said fine, just contact me when you are ready, and she put no pressure on me whatsoever. I did call her every couple days with lots of questions about this new company I would be joining, and she gave me a few samples of products to try (I was very impressed, especially with the Aloe Gel and the moisturisers), and lots of literature to keep me interested. I read everything I could find about FLP and have to say I could not find one negative comment anywhere about either the company or the products. So I was getting very excited to start, but I had to wait a couple of weeks to be paid a bonus from my current employer so I could buy the Start Up box for €368.

Then the doubts came....So what was I really thinking? Spending €368 that I scarcely could afford? I had never had my own business, could I make this work? Would I make my money back? Was I being a complete eejit??

Well, the way I looked at it was this: I had made a vow to make things better for my family, and nobody was going to come knocking on my door with a better opportunity. At best, I could use the sales and customer service experience I have to sell these products and give it a go. At worst, I'd have a boxful of nice health and beauty products that I could give away as Christmas and birthday presents!! Nothing ventured, nothing gained eh? Also, I am a good judge of character. Janice was already becoming a friend, she didn't look to me (and still doesn't!) like any kind of con artist, nor did she make any unrealistic promises of get rich quick schemes etc. She just introduced the business exactly as what it is.......an amazing opportunity to make money, learn new skills, and build a business which can give me a better future.

FINALLY I was able to buy the start up box, so I jumped in my car that very morning and zoomed up the road to Janice's house, signed the paperwork and an hour later had a phone call from a very nice girl in Forever Living Head Office in Northern Ireland welcoming me to the company, and telling me to please call them if I had any questions at all, that their job was to support me! How nice was that?

The box of goodies arrived on Monday morning 16th September, how exciting!! It was like Christmas! 6 bottles of Aloe drinking gel, 2x Aloe gellys, 2x moisturisers, Aloe Heat Lotion, Aloe hand and face soap, Aloe toothpaste, Arctic Sea supplements, shampoos, conditioners, Aloe lips, deodorant, Propolis creme,,,,,,beautiful products, beautifully packaged. A full pack of company literature with information on all the products, and a great book on Aloe Vera by Dr Peter Atherton, a member of Forever Living's Advisory Board.

At this point I also had access to Forever Living's distributor website, a private facebook page with training dates and information for distributors, a wealth of information at my finggertips. Also by buying the Fast-Start box I had also qualified for 30% discount on all the products, as well as 5% bonus back from Forever monthly!! And I hadn't even properly started yet!

This was the moment I knew I had made the right decision, I was looking at quality products......and a top notch company!

Thank you for reading. xx

Next up......The Launch Party!!!!



2 comments: